Personnel Research Division
OpTech has a successful history of bringing value to our clients and partners.
We offer the following services:
Personnel Test Development
We have created:
- Three complete versions of the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery
- Two complete versions of the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test
- Paired Preference Version of the Self-Descriptive Inventory (a personality test)
- Two new versions of the Air Force Reading Ability Test
- Several experimental personnel tests
Job Analysis and Design
- Completed a comprehensive Needs Analyses of enlisted and officer Air Force occupations
- Determined skill sets required for 20 highly technical Air Force officer occupations
- Explored a procedure to benchmark the occupational learning difficulty across Air Force Specialties
- Determined the reliability and validity of the Bureau of Labor Statistic’s Occupational Requirements Survey
Selection and Classification
- Determined and validated the criteria for selection for Air Force pilot training
- Developed a job performance measure using months of mission-ready service (MM-RS), a measure of quality tenure
- Created a method to optimize the assignments of applicants to Special Operations jobs (Pararescue, Combat Controller, and Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
- Validated new ASVAB composites for personnel assignment
- Analyzed the baseline performance of the Air Force “Job Spin” post-enlistment person-job match system
- Designing, implementing, and analyzing employee satisfaction surveys
- Investigated skill decay after initial training of Army collective tasks for Battlefield First Responders
Large Scale Promotion System
- Re-validated the Air Force Weighted Airman Promotion System (WAPS)
Management Policy and Process Recommendations
- Created the Air Force Personnel Research 5-Year Plans for 2007-2011 and 2013-2017
- Wrote “Air Force Personnel Research Issues: A Manager’s Handbook”
- Recommended applications based on the findings of the National Academy of Science
- Created a plan for implementing Computer Adaptive Testing in the Air Force
Data Analytics and Operations Research
- Analyzed Air Force pilot database covering 20 years
Ready to get started?
Dr. C. Wayne Shore, Ph.D.
Psychologist and statistician, Dr. Shore leads the Personnel Research Division. After his Air Force career, he co-founded OpTech and has served as a Senior Vice-President. He is the manager of the Personnel Research Division. He also sits on several boards of affiliated corporations. His previous positions include Chief, Air Force Personnel Testing; Chairman, Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) Working Group; Commander, Occupational Measurement Squadron; Chief, Air Force Training Technology; Member, AETC Research Review Board; and Special Agent, Office of Special Investigations.
Miguel Gonzalez, M.A.
is a Master’s level Industrial/Organizational Psychologist who has led the revision of technical content for the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test such as Instrument Comprehension, Block Counting, Aviation Information, and Physical Science. He manages a testing center where data is gathered on experimental Air Force items to improve selection and classification processes.
Daniela Peña, M.A.
is a Master’s level Industrial/Organizational Psychologist who has led the revision of the verbal and math content for the Air Force Officer Qualifying Test. She is experienced in item writing, test validation, and client satisfaction surveys.
Natasha Haight, M.S.
is a Master’s level Industrial/Organizational Psychologist who led a project researching Adverse Impact in operational tests and recommendations to reduce it.
Luisa Martinez, M.S.
is a Master’s level Industrial/Organizational Psychologist who led a project researching and recommending new and emerging aptitude and personality constructs for use in selection and classification.
Personnel Research Division also has an available staff of consultants who specialize in Industrial/Organizational Research, Training, Cognition, Personnel Systems, Operations Research, and Air Force Selection and Classification.
Our primary consultants include:
Malcom Ree, Ph.D.
Bruce Gould, Ph.D.
Mark Teachout, Ph.D.
Benjamin Fairbank, Ph.D.