- Reporting To: Jessica Allegretti
- Location: Billy Mitchell Warehouse
- Hours: 1st Shift
- Grade Non Exempt
Provide support to the Warehouse operations. Operate powered forklift trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines and loading docks, into trucks or storage facilities. Move goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility. Stacking goods in the correct storage bays and follow inventory control instructions.
- General knowledge of safety standard practices governing the operation of vehicles
- Skill to operate controls for required equipment
- Ability to properly use, operate and care for tools, equipment and materials
- Operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack and count merchandise
- Accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle
- Required to perform Order Filler and checker duties
- Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage
- Report quality variances
- Pull and prepare product for shipment
- Ensure that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped
- Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards
- Load, unload, move, stack and storage product and materials using a forklift
- Keep appropriate records and reports to guarantee that tight inventory control & security are maintained
- Assist in physical inventories
- Ensure proper stock rotation
- Perform or assist in building, grounds, and equipment maintenance as required
- Must possess sufficient vision to accurately read written and typed documents
- Other duties as assigned by management
Compensation is commensurate with experience and job responsibilities and is comprised of an hourly rate plus benefits.
Required Educational Background
High school diploma or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Work Experience
- Shipping and Receiving
- Inventory, order processing systems
- Working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work is performed primarily in a standard warehouse with extensive contact and frequent interruptions. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in a warehouse setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, stand, walk, turn, pivot and stand for long periods of time. Having good eye-hand-foot coordination. Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights. Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season.
Note: This Job Description may not describe all of the job responsibilities and standards assigned to this position. They may change upon review and at management’s discretion.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.